Sunday, February 1, 2009

How much water to drink in a day to help weight loss.

My Doctor told me that a big help in loosing weight is to drink plenty of water. It helps to flush the fat, toxins, regulate all your bodies functions and shrink your skin. The Doctor told me that everyone who is trying to loose weight should drink half of their bodies weight in ounces of water. For example if you weigh 200 pounds then you should drink 100 ounces of water a day. Needless to say you will be on the toilet a lot! But it is worth it. It really helps a lot. If you can't drink this amount right from the start it's ok just slowly add more water everyday. By the end of the month you should be drinking your full amount.

3 comments:

  1. In Weight Watchers I learned a way to get water in. You're supposed to fill a very large water bottle at the beginning of the day. As you go through your day, you just drink a little bit at a time. By the end of the day you've gotten your 8 glasses in. Now, that being said, I hate water. I barely eeek out 6 disgusting glasses a day. But I try to drink more every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, everyone is suppose to drink a minimum of eight glasses of water a day. To aid in loosing weight you drink half of your weight in ounces in water. It helps alot. I make a gallon of spa cucumber water. Then I fill a large water bottle with it. For meals I fill a beautiful tall crystal glass and then garnish it with a slice of lemon and lots of fresh mint, it just makes it more special for me. The bottle for me gets boring. Sometimes I make 1/2 gallon of the spa cucumber water and then drink the other half in soda water or ice tea and I use a lot of fresh mint. Try dinking the spa cucumber water. I will post the recipe shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I just figured out I need to drink 16 8oz glasses of water a day! I usually get in about 6 a day so I really need to get going on increasing my water intake.

    ReplyDelete